Rates apply depending on markets using weight or piece methods and are calculated based on the following four zones of travel:
Middle East: UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria, Yemen
Indian Subcontinent: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka
Europe, Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Asia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and rest of Africa
Australia, South West Pacific, Japan and Korea
USA, Canada and Brazil
Airport Rates for Piece Concept Markets
Airport Rates for piece markets
Upgrade bag to 32kg
Second 23kg bag
Third 23kg bag and onwards
Extra 32kg bag
Zone 1 to 1
Zone 1 to 2 or
Trips to/from Americas
To/From Japan, Australia and Korea
*Extra Option for Economy Class-Increase the weight of one free bag from 23kg to 32kg
Excess Baggage Rates for Air Seychelles domestic network
|Baggage Allowance||Excess Rate|
|Checked Baggage||1 bag of 23kg for Economy Guest||USD5 per kg|
|1 bag of 5kg||Carry on Luggage|
Terms and Conditions apply
- On most occasions your 1 piece of free checked luggage will go along with you. However, there are very few occasions where luggage will arrive after you have been transferred. Please be assured that the luggage will be delivered to the destination on the next available flight on which there is space.
- The weight for any bag should not exceed 32 kg. We shall not accept baggage exceeding 32kg as checked luggage.
- Checked baggage should be properly packed and labeled. Open bags and plastic shopping bags will not be accepted.
- When checking a bag that exceeds the single piece size limits, you can expect to pay additional costs for the carriage of such baggage. Additionally we can not guarantee any excess baggage and oversized piece will travel on your flight
- If you would like to carry oversized baggage/equipment, you will have to contact our cargo department to make the necessary arrangement.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of bags accepted on any given flight. In every case, excess baggage will be delivered to the final destination.
- The Ground Services staff have final authority and may require you to check in your carry-on baggage for transfer to the baggage hold at their discretion. Failure to comply may result in denied passenger boarding.
- Restricted conditions apply for sport equipment. One set of sport gear will be accepted, but applicable excess fees will be charged for each item over available baggage allowance.
- A child fare receives the same baggage allowance as the Adult Fare.
- Infant baggage - There is no separate seat allocated for the infants due to legal requirements. Checked baggage allowance for the infant totals 10kg including stroller.
Excess Baggage Rates with Partner Airlines
- Maximum additional 6 bags per person
- All charges on this page apply for Air Seychelles Operated flights only.
- If your flight or a segment of your flight is operated by one of our many partner airlines, then different guidelines and charges may apply.
- Please check their website to determine the excess baggage guidelines and fees that applies for your journey or contact the airline directly for details.
- For all 'Other Airlines' Excess Baggage Rates, please refer to GDS or http://iflybags.com
- Refunds: All excess baggage payments (fully or partially used) are non-refundable.