The rising number of passengers encourages us in our continuing effort to offer the best guest service possible. It is Air Seychelles’ aim to make every flight a safe and pleasant experience and further enhance guest comfort on the ground and in the air.
Air Seychelles’ Customer Service Plan reflects our commitment to treat our guests in a fair, courteous and prompt manner and to provide them with clear information about what they can expect us to do, particularly during occasional, irregular operations. In addition they will allow us to act promptly when we fail to meet our guest’s expectations.
This Customer Service Plan is explicitly separate from and does not form part of Air Seychelles’ Terms and Conditions.
- Offer the lowest available fare
Except for Internet-only fares, we will offer the lowest fare for which you are eligible for the flight, date and class of service you request through our Call Center, airport ticket counters and city ticket offices. Our customers will always be informed by Air Seychelles about the applicable fare and any other applicable fees, charges and taxes.
Depending on the method in which the travel arrangements are made at the time the fare is quoted, lower fares may be available through alternative distribution channels.
- Notify guests of known delays, cancellations and diversions
There may be times when weather, air traffic control, operational, or service considerations lead to flight delays, cancellations, or diversions. When this happens, we will make available the most current, accurate information about your flight’s status.
Provide ground staff, flight crew, and other appropriate personnel all information we have about flight delays, cancellations, and diversions;
- Explain the reason for the delay, cancellation, or diversion based on the information we have;
- Update the information displayed at airport gates to show flight status; and
- Make information on known delays, cancellations, and diversions available at the airport, on board the affected flights, via the website and call center.
We will try our best to contact the guest in advance and provide information about flight cancellations, using the contact information in the guest’s booking.
- Deliver baggage on time
We always try to deliver your baggage on time. However, in the event that this does not occur, we will make every possible effort to reunite you with your baggage as soon as possible. We will address baggage complaints and promptly update guests with new information, advising on compensation.
The compensation will be based on our contract of carriage and related international rules. We thoroughly analyze what has led to mishandled baggage and try our best to discover the cause.
You may contact the baggage claim department at:
Mailing Address Email Address Telephone
Air Seychelles Ltd
Po Box 386
We recommend you clearly label your baggage, inside and out, with your name, flight details and contact information.
- Handle passengers denied boarding (during overbooking) with fairness and consistency
In the case of overbooking, we will first ask for volunteers who will give up their seats willingly in exchange for compensation. If there are not enough volunteers, other passengers may be denied boarding in accordance with Air Seychelles’ priority list. We will provide information explaining our obligations and the compensation you will receive if you are involuntarily denied boarding. We will aim to rebook you on the first available flight(s) to your ticketed destination if this happens.
- Provide prompt ticket refunds
Due to the unprecedented environment surrounding COVID-19, your flight can be delayed or cancelled at any moment. We will issue refunds for fully-refundable, unused tickets purchased by credit card, cash or cheque. Due to the high volume of refunds, all requests will be processed between 60 business days up to 6 months after receipt of the refund application. This policy also includes refunding fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger is unable to use due to overbooking.
To view the COVID-19 rebook and refund policy for flights please click here.
- Provide flight and boarding gate information
We will provide flight and boarding gate information at airport upon check-in.
- Meet customers’ essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
We will provide full and timely information regarding the status of a flight in the event of long on-aircraft delays. If safety and security conditions allow, we will provide food, potable water, operable lavatory facilities and access to medical assistance during the delay.
- Disclose travel itinerary, cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules, and aircraft configuration
We will give you clear information about policies and services that may be important to you on our website and, when you ask, through our telephone reservations staff and our representatives at the airport. This means providing clear information about:
- Aircraft configuration, including seat size and pitch ranges and lavatory availability;
- Important terms and conditions that apply to your ticket and travel, including cancellation and refund policies; and
- Any change of aircraft on a single flight with the same flight number.
We also make information about our loyalty program; the Etihad Guest Programme available on our website and in materials provided upon enrollment and in updates to Etihad Guest members.
- Encourage good customer service from codeshare partners
If an Air Seychelles flight is operated by a partner airline under a code share agreement, Air Seychelles will provide passengers with the name of the airline operating the flight at the time the reservation is made.
We encourage our codeshare partners to provide customer service commitments comparable to our own.
- Ensure responsiveness to customer complaints
For filing compliments and/or complaints you may write to us at:
Website Mailing Address Feedback Form email@example.com
Air Seychelles Ltd
P.O Box 386
Our Guest Affairs team will handle claims raised by guests and aim to compensate as soon as possible.
We will acknowledge written complaints within 30 days of receipt; we will send a substantive response within 60 days of receiving your written complaint.
- Provide Services to mitigate inconveniences resulting from cancellations and missed connections
In order to reduce any inconvenience you experience during cancellations and missed connections, we will:
- Do our best to contact you in advance regarding a flight cancellation using the contact information in your reservation ;
- Work to confirm you on the next available flight in the same class of service when rebooking is necessary; and
- Provide refreshments and hotel accommodations, where applicable, when a long delay, missed connection, or cancellation within Air Seychelles’ control requires an overnight stay while you are away from home or destination.