Air Seychelles Cargo has expanded the Seychelles Box air freight service to South Africa, offering customers a simple way of sending belongings from Johannesburg to Mahé, the largest island in Seychelles.
The newly-launched service allows personal items and gifts of up to 20kg to be sent from O.R. Tambo International Airport to Seychelles International Airport for USD 220, with larger packages weighing up to 50kg priced at USD 293.
Customers may opt to bring their Seychelles Box to the Air Seychelles passenger office at O.R. Tambo International Airport or have it collected from any address within a 40 km radius for an additional charge.
Manoj Papa, Air Seychelles’ Chief Executive Officer, said: “I am excited to expand the Seychelles Box service to South Africa, which is renowned for its world-class shopping facilities.
“This service allows residents and expats of Seychelles to send shopping and other items back home on any one of our three weekly flights. It’s simple, fast and convenient.
“Customers flying with Air Seychelles to Mahé also have the flexibility of travelling with their Seychelles Box on the same flight – making the service a cost-effective option for bringing additional personal effects. Otherwise, a package can be sent unaccompanied.”
Customers wishing to send a Seychelles Box from Johannesburg to Seychelles can make the necessary arrangements with partner agency Network Airline Services (tel: + 27 11 394 0021).
The Seychelles Box is also available in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, where the service debuted in January 2015.
Documents and information needed for customs purposes in Johannesburg:
- Passport copy
- Packing list, invoices or estimate value of contents in the Seychelles Box
- Full address, contact details in Seychelles and e-mail address
Seychelles Box charges from O.R. Tambo International Airport to Seychelles:
Up to 20 kg
Up to 50 kg
Seychelles Box charges for collection within 40km of O.R. Tambo International Airport to Seychelles:
Up to 20 kg
Up to 50 kg
* Terms and Conditions:
- Air Seychelles and Air Seychelles Cargo cannot be held liable for any third-party taxes or fees levied by the local authorities at any side, such as, but not limited to, customs free, additional handling charges, storage fees and import taxes.
- Items may be subject to import taxes or customs duty in Seychelles, which will be billed separately by local authorities, if applicable.
- Seychelles Box shipments are subject to the standard Terms and Conditions of Air Seychelles and Air Seychelles Cargo.
- The following items are not eligible for the Seychelles Box: Asbestos, dangerous goods (including liquids, perfumes and alcohol), firearms (including replicas, sporting weapons or toys), gambling devices (including playing cards, casino games, etc.), lithium batteries (other than computer, mobile-phone and camera batteries), other materials restricted in Seychelles and high-value items.
- To ensure timely delivery, Air Seychelles recommends that a Seychelles Box is ordered one day in advance of a scheduled flight. Please note that it is not mandatory to have a flight booking to opt for a Seychelles Box.
- Customers wishing to travel with a Seychelles Box must deliver it to the airport office at least 24 hours prior to the flight. Otherwise, it will arrive in Mahé on the following flight
About Air Seychelles
Air Seychelles was established in 1978 and began long-haul service in 1983. The airline currently offers international flights to Abu Dhabi, Johannesburg, Mauritius and Mumbai. Air Seychelles also offers more than 350 domestic scheduled flights a week throughout the archipelago, including domestic charter services. As the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles, Air Seychelles is a pillar of tourism, the island nation’s strongest and growing economic sector. The airline maintains a strategic partnership with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates and 40 per cent stakeholder.