Air Seychelles Cargo has launched the Seychelles Box – a dedicated air freight service for sending personal belongings from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Seychelles.
The new service allows customers to send personal items and gifts up to 20 kilos to Mahé for as little as SCR 2,798, with larger packages up to 50 kilos starting at SCR 3,728. There are no limits on the number of boxes that may be booked per person.
Manoj Papa, Air Seychelles’ Chief Executive Officer, said: "I am pleased to launch this new service, which makes it much easier for Seychelles residents who shop regularly in the UAE to bring more luggage home in a cost-effective, fast and efficient manner.
“Personal items and gifts for family and friends can be sent conveniently on any day of the week thanks to the 13 weekly flights we operate with our partner Etihad Airways between Abu Dhabi and Seychelles.
“In addition, customers who are booked on one of our flights have the flexibility of choosing to travel with their Seychelles Box or sending it to Mahé unaccompanied.”
The service is currently available in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and may be rolled out to other destinations in the months to come. In Abu Dhabi customers are required to drop off their Seychelles Box in person at Export Counter 417 at Abu Dhabi Cargo Terminal located at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Customers in Dubai can place a booking via partner agency Asia Express (tel: +971 4 336 96 66), who will arrange for a courier to deliver a Seychelles Box to a specified Dubai address, pack and weigh its contents, seal the box and deliver it to Air Seychelles.
Seychelles Box charges from Abu Dhabi to Mahe
Up to 20 KG
Up to 50 KG
Up to 20 KG
Up to 50 KG
* Terms and Conditions
- The listed prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Air Seychelles and Air Seychelles Cargo cannot be held liable for any third-party taxes or fees levied by the local authorities at any side, such as (but not limited to) customs fees, additional handling, storage, import tax, etc.
- Items may be subject to import tax or customs duty in the Seychelles: those charges will be billed separately by local authorities, if applicable.
- Seychelles Box shipments are subject to standard Terms and Conditions of Air Seychelles and Air Seychelles Cargo.
- The following items are not eligible for the Seychelles Box: Asbestos, dangerous goods (including liquids, perfumes and alcohol), firearms (including replicas, sporting weapons or toys), gambling devices (including playing cards, casino games, etc.), lithium batteries (other than computer, mobile-phone and camera batteries), other materials restricted in Seychelles and high-value items.
- To ensure timely delivery, Air Seychelles recommends that a Seychelles Box is ordered one day in advance of a scheduled flight. Alternatively, a box can be collected from Air Seychelles Cargo at the Seychelles International Airport and dropped off in person at the Abu Dhabi Cargo Terminal Export Counter 417.
- Customers wishing to travel with a Seychelles Box on a scheduled Air Seychelles flight must deliver it to the Air Seychelles cargo counter at least eight hours prior to the flight. Otherwise, it will arrive in Mahé the following day.
About Air Seychelles
The Seychelles' national carrier was incorporated in 1977 and was formally named 'Air Seychelles' in 1978. The airline began long-haul operations in 1983 and continues to remain one of the tourism pillars contributing towards the island's strongest growing economic sector.
In 2021, Air Seychelles managed to retain the most coveted title of ‘Indian Ocean’s Leading Airline’ at the World Travel Awards including, ‘Indian Ocean's Leading Airline - Business Class and Indian Ocean's Leading Cabin Crew . The airline also marked a historic milestone at the 28th edition of the World Travel Awards for having its premium lounge recognised for the first time ever as ‘Indian Ocean’s Leading Airline Lounge 2021’.