Seychelles Immigration and travel information
- Travelling to the Seychelles
If you are flying into the Seychelles, all nationalities (apart from those listed below) do not require a visa to enter Seychelles, provided an onward ticket, valid passport, proof of accommodation and sufficient funds are shown in order to obtain immigration clearance at Seychelles international airport, where a Visitor’s Permit will be issued.
Visitors from the following Ebola affected countries are required to apply for a visa prior to being granted permission to enter Seychelles - Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea-Conakry.
For more information and for updated information, please refer to http://www.seychelles.travel/en/plan-your-visit/travellers-essentials/entry-formalities
Air Seychelles is not held responsible for any changes in visa waivers/fees/exempt countries.
If you are flying with Air Seychelles to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and require a visa, please visit and follow the instructions here to apply for a visa. Please note that Seychellois passport holders can visit the UAE for a period of up to 90 days without applying for a visa before travelling, following the introduction of a visa waiver agreement in July 2015.
- Meeting health requirements
There is NO risk of contracting malaria, yellow fever, cholera or other common tropical diseases in Seychelles. There have been few reports of Dengue Fever during the rainy season.
No vaccinations are required except in the case of yellow fever where a vaccination is required for travellers over 1 year of age who have come from, or passed through a partly or wholly infected area within the preceding 6 days. Infected areas include certain parts of northern and central South America and central Africa. (South Africa is not considered an infected area.)
Persons travelling to Seychelles via Nairobi, Kenya and who remain in transit in Kenya do not require a vaccination against yellow fever.
- Special Needs
Air Seychelles is proud to go the extra mile when catering to the specific needs of its customers. These must be requested at the time of reservation, otherwise standard meals will be supplied.
1. Air Seychelles caters for the following special meals to accord with both dietary and religious demands
- 6 types of vegetarian meals: Hindu, Jain, Lacto-ovo, Oriental, raw and Vegan
- Muslim, Hindu, Kosher, Diabetic, Low-calorie, Low-salt, Sea-food and Children’s meals
- Fruit Platter meal and Low-fat requirements We also cater for passengers with particular allergies
- Special meals are also available for toddlers and babies.
2. Passengers with disabilities: Passengers with mental or physical disabilities as well as passengers suffering from total immobility must be accompanied at all times.
3. Unaccompanied Minors. Air Seychelles welcomes unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 14. Young passengers between 15 and 17 years are also catered for.
4. Stretchers and Oxygen can be provided for.
5. Meet and Assist is provided at an additional cost.
6. Baby bassinets may be requested for infants up to 6 months of age and not weighing more than 11kg / 25 lbs. Bassinets are subject to availability. Requests should be made at the time of reservation.
With the exception of special meals, all other requests must be made through Air Seychelles offices or your travel agencies.
- Your Pet
Air Seychelles does not allow pets in the cabin, however, pets may travel in the aircraft hold. Only dogs, cats and household birds may be carried as pets for which the following information is required:
- Breed of the animal concerned
- Weight of the animal
- Size of kennel required
Additional information is required by different countries for the importing and exporting of animals.