Travel to Johannesburg
Big, bold and forever on the move, Johannesburg is a city with many different sides. Home to over four million people, it throws together glittering skyscrapers, bustling urban areas, cafés, art galleries and plenty of other attractions. Book your flights to Johannesburg with Air Seychelles and get ready to experience South Africa’s most dynamic city.
- Top 5 attractions in Johannesburg
With a lively art and culture scene, world-class shopping and unforgettable sightseeing, you’ll be spoilt for choice when you fly to Johannesburg with Air Seychelles.
- Get up close to adorable cheetah and lion cubs at the Lion Park animal sanctuary, home to some of Africa’s famous big cats.
- Learn about man’s ancient ancestors by visiting the Cradle of Humankind, an astonishing site with interactive exhibits, caves and the oldest human fossils on earth.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Johannesburg and its leafy suburbs from the 50th floor of the Carlton Centre, the tallest building in Africa.
- Reflect on South Africa’s dramatic history at the deeply-moving Apartheid Museum, where multimedia exhibits take you through this nation’s struggle for freedom.
- Peek at life beyond the city centre by going on a guided bike tour of the suburbs, and visiting the home of much-loved political leader Nelson Mandela.
- Shopping in Johannesburg
Travel to Johannesburg with Air Seychelles and get ready for one of the best shopping experiences in the world, as the city is packed with malls, exciting flea markets, upmarket boutiques and charming little craft stores.
Those in need of serious retail therapy may find their fix in one of many ultramodern stalls dotted around Johannesburg. Chief among them is Sandton City, a one-stop shop filled with hundreds of stores, eateries and coffee shops in case your feet get weary. The Cresta Shopping Centre and Eastgate Mall are two other glitzy options where you can spend hours happily browsing away.
For something a bit more down-to-earth, the many flea markets around Johannesburg are fantastic for snapping a bargain or picking up South African handicrafts, such as a handmade mask or a wooden carving. They make for great souvenirs, and with 30 kilos of baggage allowance when you fly in economy class with Air Seychelles, you don’t have to worry about running out of space.
- Restaurants in Johannesburg
You won’t get hungry when you book a flight to Johannesburg – that’s for sure. People here love to eat out and the city is filled with coffee shops, pavement cafés and pop-up food stalls.
The food options in Johannesburg reflect the city’s diversity and come in many cosmopolitan flavours, so whether it’s Italian pasta you’re craving or a nice ostrich fillet, there’s sure to be something here to satisfy you.
For a great breakfast experience, head to Neighbourgoods Market. With dozens of delicious food stalls, it’s the perfect spot to catch up with friends and soak up the tastes, sounds and ambiance of what is probably the best al-fresco dining experience in the city. Foodies will love it.
- Nightlife in Johannesburg
If you have energy to spare for the evenings, Johannesburg does not disappoint. As the sun sets, the city starts beating to another rhythm like any other 21st century metropolis. Some choose to go for a nice evening dinner as others make their way to a local pub, while the trendsetters venture out to one of many sophisticated bars sprinkled around the city.
Those into jazz should make a special note of Sophiatown, a bar with a strong following that’s known for its live music acts. For those who’d rather jump around to the Top 40 however, the Black Orchid Club has three dance floors that it fills week-in, week-out. Whatever you decide to do, your nights spent on holiday in Johannesburg will certainly be memorable.
- Planning your Johannesburg trip
Booking a flight to Johannesburg is easy with Air Seychelles. While it’s a great destination to visit all year round, December and January are two particularly great months for travelling to Johannesburg. This is when South African schools break for summer and the city empties, leaving you to explore its delights at your own pace. Book your ticket today.