2001: Air Seychelles responds to a humanitarian crisis by flying 70 Indian construction workers to Bombay following a major earthquake in the state of Gujarat.
The “Seychelles Plus” frequent flyer programme is launched.
2002: A Fedex service is launched following the signing of an agreement for Air Seychelles to represent the USA-based worldwide courier service.
The airline acquires a 36-seat Shorts 360 aircraft for its domestic network and launches the Indian Ocean Pass Programme with Air Mauritius and Air Austral, giving travellers convenient travel options across the Indian Ocean.
2003: Air Seychelles leases an Antonov-12 aircraft to support the development of Seychelles as a regional cargo hub.
2005: Following the liberalisation of air access into Seychelles, Air Seychelles phases out scheduled services to Maldives, Mumbai and Johannesburg in the course of the year.
2006: Air Seychelles launches the Training Academy, an SCR 11 million technical facility that also serves as an area for the storage and maintenance of aircraft.
To mark the 30th anniversary of Independence Day, Air Seychelles launches a new livery on its interisland fleet featuring large tropical hibiscus flowers.
2007: The airline signs on to be a launch customer for two Twin Otter DHC6-400 aircraft, manufactured by the Canadian-based Viking Air Limited.
Air Seychelles’ “Salon Vallée De Mai” business lounge is officially opened at the international airport. Seating 90 passengers, it offers a modern, elegant and well-appointed setting for business travellers.
Air Seychelles makes regional history as Captain Nicole Change-Leng becomes the airline’s first female pilot and the first Seychellois to captain a Boeing 767 aircraft.
2008: Boeing Commercial Planes of Seattle undertakes repair works on an Air Seychelles Boeing 767 that was damaged after being towed into a barrier fence in Paris. The works are filmed by National
Geographic for “The World’s Toughest Fixes” television programme.
2010: Air Seychelles begins operations to the Falkland Islands as part of a contract with the UK Ministry of Defence, providing the only scheduled air link to the islands.
To mark International Women’s Day, Air Seychelles operates an all-female crew on its service to Paris.
2011: Air Seychelles launches a new corporate livery, designed around the Seychelles ecosystem and featuring the airline’s trademark fairy terns.
2012: Air Seychelles downscales its international network and stops operating scheduled services to Europe. Etihad Airways acquires a 40 per cent stake in Air Seychelles as part of a strategic partnership agreement.
Air Seychelles is restructured and embarks on a two-year turnaround plan to become sustainably profitable.
As part of this, the airline acquires an Airbus A330-200 aircraft and increases frequencies to Abu Dhabi, providing convenient and flexible access to destinations across Etihad Airways’ global network.
Air Seychelles signs a codeshare agreement with airberlin, Cathay Pacific and South African Airways, while continuing to expand its codeshare agreement with Etihad Airways.
In the same year Air Seychelles launches flights to Hong Kong via Abu Dhabi. Halfway through the year, in June, Skytrax rankings moved from 133 to 56.
Air Seychelles flies down football legend Patrick Vieira from Manchester City for a series of local football clinics with Seychellois youth.
The airline takes delivery of a second Airbus A330-200 aircraft. In November, passenger numbers grew by 91% as the company sees a strong growth in Q3.
Air Seychelles is awarded a prestigious four-star ranking from Skytrax, which is complemented later in the year with two accolades at the World Travel Awards for the best cabin crew and business class in the Indian Ocean.
In July, the airline launches flights to Paris via Abu Dhabi and takes delivery of two new Twin Otter aircraft for its domestic operations.
Air Seychelles acquires an Airbus A320 aircraft in December and starts operating scheduled services to Antananarivo, Dar es Salaam and Mumbai.
The airline also signs codeshare agreements with Alitalia and Hong Kong Airlines in 2014, boosting its connections to Europe and Southeast Asia. In the same year Air Seychelles clinches two top tiles at the World Travel Awards and celebrates the arrival of its first Airbus A320 aircraft which will operate the new routes being Dar es Salaam and Mumbai.
- Air Seychelles Cargo launches shopping box service
- Air Seychelles opens up more of Europe with expanded Etihad Airways codeshare
- Air Seychelles seals a new codeshare agreement with Air Madagascar
- Air Seychelles operates special flights from Beijing to Seychelles forthe Chinese New Year celebrations
- The 13th group of Air Seychelles cabin crew complete safety and service training at the Etihad Airways Training Academy
- Air Seychelles posts third consecutive year of net profitability
- Air Seychelles announces non-stop flights to Paris and an enhanced regional network
- Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways support Seychelles carnival, a festival tocelebrate the diversity of Seychellois culture
- Air Seychelles boosts Mauritius and Mumbai services to four-weekly
- Air Seychelles unveils codeshare partnership with Jet Airways, expandingits network reach to four more Indian cities
- Air Seychelles launches a secure air freight service called SafeGuard
- Air Seychelles supports Seychellois contestant in Miss Deaf Africa beauty pageant
- Major fleet milestone celebrate as Air Seychelles registers first Airbus aircraft under the Seychelles S7 civil aircraft register
- Air Seychelles is named the Indian Ocean’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards, and, for the second year running, is awarded the titles for thebest cabin crew and business class in the region
- First non-stop flight between Seychelles and Paris-Charles de Gaulle touches down in the French capital
- Air Seychelles selects Sabre to enhance guest experience and growth
- Air Seychelles welcomes second Airbus A320 aircraft into international fleet
- Air Seychelles participates in Expo Milan and announces codeshare between Italy and Seychelles with Air Seychellles, Alitalia and Etihad Airways
- 10 Air Seychelles pilots embark on Airbus A320 training program at the Etihad Airways Centre in Abu Dhabi
- Air Seychelles increases network capacity and flight frequencies on new winter schedule
- Air Seychelles introduces locally made Takamaka Bay rum on its flights
- Air Seychelles registers its first Airbus A330 under the Seychelles 27 OCTOBER Civl aircraft registration and offers inflight connectivity
- Air Seychelles launches priority cargo service
- 12 Seychellois graduates from Etihad Airways world class training program
- Air Seychelles renews Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Seychelles
- Air Seychelles Cargo introduces new “Personal Shopper Service”
- Air Seychelles expands Codeshare with Alitalia
- Air Seychelles records 500,000 guests in 2015 and 180,000 on demostic flights
- Seychelles welcomes first Air Seychelles non-stop flight from Beijing
- Air Seychelles launches weekly “Faretastic” travel deals
- Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways host top UniSey students on educational tour
- Air Seychelles successfully pass the aviation safety audit
- Air Seychelles completes move to Sabre technology Platform
- Air Seychelles introduces new menus onboard its flights
- Air Seychelles announces upgrade to Antananarivo service to four-weekly effective 28 June
- Air Seychelles takes home four prestigious World Travel Awards including ‘Indian Ocean’s Leading Airline’ for a third consecutive year
- Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways support the Seychelles Carnival 2016
- Air Seychelles records net profitability in 2015
- Air Seychelles and NIKI expand codeshare to offer more travel options between Vienna and Seychelles
- Air Seychelles introduces new website features including web check-in
- Air Seychelles introduces major enhancements to its baggage policy
- Air Seychelles expands network reach to five continents with codeshare flights to São Paulo
- Air Seychelles to celebrate 40th National Day with spectacular aircraft flyover
- Air Seychelles supports rugby goodwill mission to the Seychelles and Madagascar
- Air Seychelles brings Indian ocean islands closer to United States with new codeshare flights
- Air Seychelles summer extravaganza launched
- Air Seychelles and Air Serbia team up on codeshare flights to tropical islands
- Air Seychelles increases domestic flights between Mahé and Praslin
- Air Seychelles signs a Memorandum of Understanding with the Seychelles Institute of Technology
- Air Seychelles launches a Seychelles dedicated Call Centre
- Air Seychelles and Air Madagascar boost partnership through expanded codeshare agreement
- Air Seychelles commence daily flights to Bird Island
- Air Seychelles launches stylish new amenity kits and fun packs in collaboration with Galileo
- Air Seychelles announces major expansion in Europe and Indian Ocean in 2017
- Air Seychelles expands its codeshare with Etihad Airways to Turkey
- Air Seychelles refurbishes Vallée de Mai Premium Lounge
- Air Seychelles celebrates new passenger record of 550,000
- Air Seychelles engineers graduate from world-class training programme with Etihad Airways
- Air Seychelles seals cooperation with the Seychelles Investment Board
- Air Seychelles and the Seychelles Tourism Board meet with travel and trade representatives in Durban ahead of the launch of the twice weekly non-stop flights between the two countries
- Air Seychelles expands Etihad Airways codeshare agreement to Japan
- South African Airways announces new codeshare route with Air Seychelles from Seychelles to Durban
- Air Seychelles introduce a dedicated office and sales team to support its trade partners in Europe
- Air Seychelles and Seychelles Round Table donate 100 water fountains to schools
- Air Seychelles takes delivery of second Airbus A330 and commences fourth service to Paris
- Air Seychelles launches flights to Durban in South Africa and to German city of Düsseldorf
- Air Seychelles welcomes home new Twin Otter aircraft and promotes five Pilots to Captain
- Air Seychelles achieves strong Q1 2017 results
- Air Seychelles announces appointement of Michael Berlouis as Chief Financial Offier
- Air Seychelles introduces Creole music channels by DJ EZY D
- Air Seychelles Cabin Crew Community hosts fun-filled day at School of Execeptional Child
- Air Seychelles expands codeshare network to Beijing
- Air Seychelles further boosts connections from China with series of charter flights from Beijing
- Air Seychelles introduces state of the art Passenger Handling Technology at home airport
- Air Seychelles takes home four prestigious World Travel Awards at the 2017 WTA
- Air Seychelles renews partnership with Round Table Seychelles for the refurbishment of the School For The Exceptional Child
- Air Seychelles launches new scenic flight product over Mahé
- Air Seychelles introduces new ambulift for guests with reduced mobility
- Air Seychelles builds on French connection at Top Resa travel fair
- Air Seychelles thrills 254 school children with full aircraft experience
- Japha Ally appointed General Manager Human Resources at Air Seychelles
- Air Seychelles launches digital shopping catalogue for lounge guests
- Air Seychelles brings Christmas cheer to kids at the President’s village
- Air Seychelles announces the appointment of Remco Althuis as interim CEO
- Air Seychelles to resume flights to Madagascar in January 2018
- Air Seychelles cargo handling at its highest ahead of Christmas season
- Air Seychelles announces new charter flights between Chengdu and Seychelles
- Air Seychelles picks up SCCI award for innovation
- Air Seychelles hosts long service awards ceremony
- Air Seychelles announces business transformation plan to safeguard long-term profitability
- Air Seychelles staff come together to clear Morne Blanc trail
- Air Seychelles hosts tortoise sculpture exhibition at Seychelles International Airport
- Air Seychelles supports eco-friendly marathon 2018
- Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways expand codeshare to Baku
- Air Seychelles expands online check-in to five new destinations
- Air Seychelles celebrates women's day with special female flight
- Air Seychelles and STB renew marketing partnership for 2018
- Air Seychelles and SriLankan Airlines sign agreement for greater network access
- Air Seychelles welcomes Airbus test flight to Seychelles
- Air Seychelles announces 2018 summer schedule
- Air Seychelles flies team Seychelles to Djibouti for CJSOI games
- Air Seychelles and SHTA join hands to promote tourism establishments in Seychelles
- Air Seychelles expand codeshare network to Minsk
- Air Seychelles seals partnership with Air Botswana
- Air Seychelles partners with Booking.com to provide accommodation options
- Air Seychelles increases Johannesburg flights to six per week
- Air Seychelles promotes eight Seychellois Pilots to Captain
- Air Seychelles announces the order of A320neo Airbus aircraft
- Air Seychelles introduces new resident fares for domestic travel
- Air Seychelles refreshed onboard product takes the skies
- Air Seychelles enforces its domestic travel policy for expectant mothers and new born babies
- Air Seychelles introduces new resident fares for domestic travel
- Air Seychelles adds Maldives to its codeshare network
- Air Seychelles introduces new baggage policy on its regional network
- Announcement of Senior Appointments at Air Seychelles
- CDB Aviation Signs Lease Agreement for One A320neo Aircraft with Air Seychelles
- Air Seychelles joins the Seychelles Tourism Board to celebrate Seychelles Month
- Air Seychelles meet with travel and trade partners at new sales office location
- Air Seychelles participates in Holiday Expo
- Air India and Air Seychelles sign new codeshare partnership
- Air Seychelles seals Memorandum of Understanding with CINEC to extend training support in aircraft maintenance
- Air Seychelles increase visibility about ground services department at Seychelles Tourism Academy recruitment fair
- Air Seychelles hosts 120 school children onboard its Airbus A320 aircraft
- Young aviation enthusiasts experience Air Seychelles scenic flight in PraslinAir Seychelles Technical Operations hosts open day for SIT students
- Air Seychelles and Seychelles Tourism Board hosts’ joint media conference in South Africa
- Long-serving staff recognize at special awards ceremony
- Air Seychelles join SIT recruitment fair
- Air Seychelles extend support to SOS Children's Village in Mamelodi
- Air Seychelles flies professional golfers to home turf for the MCB Tour Championship Indian Ocean Swing
- Air Seychelles extend support to orphanages in Seychelles
- Air Seychelles add more flights to Johannesburg for the Easter holidays
- Air Seychelles showcase at South Africa's biggest travel expo
- Air Seychelles to operate seasonla flights to Antananarivo
- Good Morning Britain and Lorraine Show TV crew flies Air Seychelles