Air Seychelles is committed to providing a baggage service to satisfy the requirements of today’s busy traveller.
This section aims to provide you with instant baggage information so as to avoid any misunderstandings when travelling with Air Seychelles. Everything you need to know is here, from hand luggage to excess baggage rates, check-in baggage to restricted items, etc. Of particular note is that any piece of baggage MUST NOT weigh more than 32KG.
Air Seychelles flight baggage allowances are as follows:
Adult / Child
Infants (0-23 month)
Hand luggage allowances are as follows:
|Business Class||Economy Class||Domestic Connecting||Domestic Non-connecting|
- One piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (115cms) not exceeding 7kgs in weight may be carried free of charge. These dimensions include wheels handles and side pockets. Any items you may wish to take into the cabin of the aircraft must be able to fit under the seat (e.g. a briefcase or flight bag).
- Adults accompanying infants are entitled to check in one infant item in addition to the adult’s baggage allowance. Infant items can include collapsible push-chair, collapsible cot/bassinet, car seat or carrying basket. Please request for approval upon check-in.
- If you require a bassinet onboard, you must notify Air seychelles at the time of reservation. Bassinets may be requested for infants up to 6 months of age and not weighing more than 11kg / 25 lbs. Bassinets are subject to availability.
- Any extra KGs is 7 USD ($) per kilo.
|Items||Allowed||Not allowed||Important remarks|
|Liquids, Aerosols,Creams, Gels & Pastes||✔|
Must be in bottles and tubes, maximum of 100ml each, carried separately in a clear, plastic zip-top bag not exceeding 20cm x 20cm, maximum capacity of 1 litre
|Medications & Special dietary requirements||✔||Must be supported by medical certificate|
|Baby milk / food||✔||Will be verified by customs|
Liquid items purchased either at Airport Duty Free shops or on board the aircraft
|✔||Purchases must be packed in a sealed plastic bag that is tamper evident|
|More than one clear plastic zip-top bag||✘|
|Over-filled open bag||✘|
|Containers over 100ml, even if only partially full||✘|
When passing through security at the airport
Remove from your cabin baggage for individual inspection:
- All large electrical items, e.g. laptops, large digital cameras and DVD players.
- The clear plastic bag containing your bottles and tubes.
- Medication accompanied by a prescription or relevant medical certificate.
- Baby food in liquid form.
Rods and reels contained in a case and one bag with fishing tackle, landing net, and fishing boots.
Non motorized bicycle.
Handlebars fixed sideways and pedals removed. Pedals and handlebars encased in plastic. Tyres deflated. Enclosed in Cardboard.
Scuba tank, scuba regulator, tank harness, and tank pressure gauge (subject to max weight).
15Kg of Scuba Equipment.
Bag containing clubs, balls, umbrella & golf shoes.
15Kg Complimentary on a set of clubs.
Surfboards must be packed in suitable surfboard bags. At check-in, to be tagged with a limited release tag and passenger must sign for it, meaning that HM is not liable for any damage.
- Any additional weight will be charged for at the excess baggage rate.
- The maximum weight of your sports equipment should not weigh more than 32Kg.
- Handling staff is allowed to perform checks of contents of sporting equipment.
- All equipment must not exceed maximum dimensions of 62” or 158cm.
For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below, must not be carried in passengers baggage:
Compressed gases (Deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen and aqualung cylinders.
Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet-cell batteries.
Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares.
Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners and fire-lighters.
Brief-cases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices.
Oxidising materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides.
Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
A storage service is available at the Seychelles International Airport. Please refer to the table below to see the rates.
Prices per days (Euro)
* Applicable for suitcases and small items only per 24 hrs.
For oversized objects like bicycles, artifacts, sports equipment etc, please contact The Victoria Baggage Co. on +248 2 501 316.
Excess Baggage Rates
Excess Baggage Charge per kilo
Dar Es Salaam
Dar Es Salaam
Dar Es Salaam
|Adbu Dhabi||Mauritius||USD 25|
Non Resident - USD7
Non Resident - USD7
Excess Baggage Rates on Air Seychelles Offline Points
|From/To||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3|
|Zone 1||USD 20||USD 35|
USD 40 (Europe / Russia)
|Zone 2||USD 35|
USD 40 (From Russia & Russia)
USD 58 (Between Africa & China)
|Zone 3||USD 58 (From Japan and Korea)|
USD 60 (From Austrialia)
Zone 1 : GCC, India Subcontinent, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Maldives, Syria, UAE
Zone 2 : Europe, Africa, China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Belarus, Kenya, Nigeria, Seychelles, Vietnam, Armenia
Zone 3: Australia, Japan, Korea
- These destinations follow a "weight concept" baggage allowance.
- You would need to pay per kilogram of weight that exceeds your free baggage allowance
- A fixed rate is charged when travelling from one zone to another and/or within same zone
Excess Baggage Rates with Partner Airlines
- All charges on this page apply for Air Seychelles Operated flights only.
- If your flight or a segment of your flight is operated by one of our many partner airlines, then different guidelines and charges may apply
- Please check their website to determine the excess baggage guidelines and fees that applies for your journey or contact the airline directly for details.
- For all 'Other Airlines' Excess Baggage Rates, please refer to GDS or http://iflybags.com
- Refunds: All excess baggage payments (fully or partially used) are non-refundable.