Immigration and Travel
Before taking a trip be sure to check with the relevant embassies of your destinations whether you require a visa and what regulations exist regarding passport validity.
Visitors to the Seychelles will be issued with a one month visa upon arrival. This visa is renewable for up to 3 months free of charge.
Passengers must produce a return ticket and show availability of sufficient funds to support their stay.
Meeting health requirements
There is NO risk of contracting malaria, yellow fever, cholera or other common tropical diseases in Seychelles.
No vaccinations are required except in the case of yellow fever where a vaccination is required for travellers over 1 year of age who have come from, or passed through a partly or wholly infected area within the preceding 6 days. Infected areas include certain parts of northern and central South America and central Africa. (South Africa is not considered an infected area.)
Persons travelling to Seychelles via Nairobi, Kenya and who remain in transit in Kenya do not require a vaccination against yellow fever.
Air Seychelles is proud to go the extra mile when catering to the specific needs of its customers.
Air Seychelles caters for the following:
1. Special meals to accord with both dietary and religious demands.
- 6 types of vegetarian meal, Hindu, Jain, Lacto-ovo, oriental, raw and vegan
- Muslim, Hindu, Kosher, Diabetic, Low-calorie, Low-salt, Sea-food, Children’s meals,
- Fruit Platter meal and Low-fat
- We also cater for passengers with special allergies.
- Special meals are also available for toddlers and babies. These must be requested at the time of reservation, otherwise standard meals will be supplied.
2. Incapacitated Passengers. Passengers who are deaf, blind, mentally handicapped as well as passengers suffering from total immobility must be accompanied at all times.
3. Unaccompanied Minors. Air Seychelles welcomes unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 14. Young passengers between 15 and 17 years are also catered for.
4. Stretchers and Oxygen can be provided
5. Meet and Assist is provided at an additional cost.
6. Baby bassinets may be requested for infants up to 6 months of age and not weighing more than 11kg / 25 lbs. Bassinets are subject to availability. Requests should be made at the time of reservation.
With the exception of special meals, all other requests must be made through Air Seychelles offices or your travel agencies.
Air Seychelles does not allow pets in the cabin, however, pets may travel in the aircraft hold. Only dogs, cats and household birds may be carried as pets for which the following information is required:
- Breed of the animal concerned
- Weight of the animal
- Size of kennel required
Additional information is required by different countries for the importing and exporting of animals.