Trace delayed Baggage
At Air Seychelles we are committed in doing everything possible to ensure the swift return of your baggage.
If you cannot find your baggage upon arrival, proceed to the baggage services counter located in the arrival lounge to report your missing baggage or the mishandling of your baggage prior to leaving the airport. To enable us to track your baggage quickly you will be required to provide your baggage tag and a description of your baggage once at the counter.
Additionally, you will need to complete the Property Irregularity Report (PIR) and upon completion you will be provided with a File Reference Number. Once we have located your baggage you will be contacted by a member of our staff for delivery of your baggage .
Claim mishandled baggage
We always strive to return your baggage with utmost priority. In cases where your delayed baggage exceeds 21 days you will be entitled to submit a compensation claim, while we continue our search for your baggage. Guests can contact our Baggage Claims Department and submit all the relevant documents via email at email@example.com or post on the following address:
Baggage Claims Department
Air Seychelles Company LTD
P.O Box 386
Additional baggage information
- Minor Damages
Air Seychelles does not accept liability for damage to baggage due to wear and tear, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Minor cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents, dirt and stains
- Damage to wheels, feet, pushchairs or extending handles
- Damage to fragile or perishable items
- Damage due to over packed baggage
- Loss of external locks, pull straps, security straps or zipper tabs
- Baggage accepted under the conditions of the Limited Release Tag (LRT)
- Items confiscated by airport authorities or security
Guests should not include the following items in their checked-in baggage:
- Fragile and perishable items
- Computers, portable storage devices and electronic devices
- Medication or medical equipment
- Valuables such as money, keys, jewelry and precious metal
- Business documents including passports, bonds or any personal and irreplaceable documents
- Limitted release baggage tag
We accept fragile, perishable, and inadequately-packed baggage upon completion of a Limited Release Baggage tag. Baggage with pre-existing damage shall likewise be accepted as a Limited Release Baggage. The Limited Release Baggage Tag releases the airline from liabilities on baggage resulting from any pre-existing damage or unsuitability for transport.
Damaged baggage or content
If you discover that your baggage and/or its contents are damaged and report it prior to leaving the airport, you will be in possession of a Damage Property Report (DPR). If you report it after leaving the airport, please contact Air Seychelles in writing, along with supporting documents within 7 days of arrival. We will assess the claim and notify you accordingly. For any baggage enquiries, please contact your local baggage services office on firstname.lastname@example.org
* It is the responsibility of the guest to verify their baggage prior to leaving the arrival lounge at the airport. Air Seychelles assumes no liability for delayed baggage that is reported after leaving the airport.
Download the Mishandled Baggage Form here