Qualifications and skills
- Graduate of a post-secondary institution with minimum IGCSE qualification in English, French and Mathematics.
- Excellent customer service skills – formal qualification in the field is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in English and French – Any other language is a plus.
- Proactive with a positive ‘can-do’ approach.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – Proficient in handling angry passengers whilst maintaining a professional and tactful composure.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Having a pleasant disposition with excellent grooming standards.
- Prepared to work odd hours, including weekends and public holidays.
9 Jun 2023
- Ensure effective and efficient passenger handling in compliance with company policies, procedures and airline SLAs.
- Handle all passenger handling activities including but not limited to: check passenger tickets & passports, handle onward connection, allocate seats on aircraft, weigh and label luggage, charge and collect money for excess baggage etc....
- Conduct boarding functions.
- Complete all relevant documentation, ensuring that customer and airline requirements are met on time.
- Meet aircraft on arrival and guide passengers to the arrival lounge, including those in transit and at departure.
- Assist passengers with special needs – wheelchair cases, unaccompanied minors, passengers with young children, elderly, the disabled and escort them through airport processes.
- Handle passenger queries by phone, email, fax and incoming telexes for respective flights and distribute relevant information to parties concerned.
- Compile statistics, ensuring all coupons are accounted for and dispatched to Revenue Accounting.
- Liaise with relevant airport users in event of delays.
- Make hotel bookings for delayed passengers.
- Work aside, assist and support new staff members.